Sunday, October 16, 2011

CASE Study #61 - Breast Wishes

Today I'm sending out two birthday shout-outs. One to my good friend Jill and one to my brother DJ!  Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Here is the card I gave to Jill no Friday night.  I played along with the CASE Study Challenge # 61. The challenge was to CASE the card below my card......and use fabric 'if' you had it!   I didn't have fabric, but I attempted to make a fabric-looking layer.   I started with a piece of textured cardstock and stamped a  Hero Arts plaid stamp on top of it.  Then I sewed around the edges and made tiny tiny slits all around.  After that, I colored the edges with distress ink and then used some water to wet the paper, so it would be more pliable. I think it came out OK!

 I colored in a Skipping Stones bra stamp with my prisma pencils and added some glitter pen to it too.  Then popped it up for dimension!  Inside says "for a Happy Birthday"


Here's the inspiration piece.  You've got until Tuesday at midnight to play along if you wish!!!


Have a great Sunday!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your visit!

6 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, great job on making that fabric! You could have fooled me!

jimlynn said...

If you hadn't said that wasn't fabric, I'd have never known it! It's great and so is your stitching! Love the image and sentiment.
Lynn

Cheryl said...

Oooh, I love how you created the fabric piece! This is a great card! I have had my eye on that stamp set at Skipping Stone.

Audrey Pettit said...

I think you did a great job re-creating the look of fabric with paper. And what an adorable sentiment and image. This is SO cute, Maria!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This is absolutely fantastic! What a hilarious sentiment :) LOVE the frayed edges!!

Anne Marie said...

That "fabric" background is very cool! I really like the frayed edges, it just adds so much detail. Awesome technique for such a fun card! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails