Saturday, November 5, 2011

CASE Study #64 - Sympathy

First off - thank you for all the birthday wishes yesterday!!!  I'm writing this post up BEFORE heading out to my birthday celebration..........so.........I'll have to blog about it on Sunday!!  I 'may' be getting home a little late tonight (wink wink).

This month on the CASE Study blog, the muse is Kryssi Ng.   Here is my card inspired by her card (which will be shown below).
It's quite colorful for a sympathy card, but I'm sending it to a friend who lost her grandmother and she lived a nice long happy life - so I wasn't 'afraid' to use such bright colors.  The flower image is from Hero Arts and the butterfly is from There She Goes.  I cut the green panel with a nestie's die and stamped the flower on the card base.  I popped up the green panel and added a PTI sentiment.

I really liked this style of card! I'll have to try it again!

Here is the 'inspiration' card:
I didn't venture TOO far away, did I??

Have a great Saturday!!!


Thanks for your visit!

12 comments:

Olga said...

I love it!!!! Sometimes at a sad time we need some color to pick us up!!!! You really followed to sample great!!! Hope you had a great time!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Hope you had an awesome time, I am sure you did ;) Your card is beautiful and perfect for a sympathy card, it is nice to have something that brings cheer at a sad time.

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous card!! I just love that window effect. Really love the color that you used here, Maria. The embossing adds a beautiful detail, too.

jimlynn said...

It's FABULOUS for a sympathy card! I love this Maria. Wonderful colors and it will be the perfect "pick me up" for someone that's sad. Just beautiful.
Lynn

Ellen said...

Beautiful! I love the colors even though it is a sympathy card. It shows the celebration of her grandmother's long, happy life.

Monica said...

So pretty, Maria, glad that your friend's gran had a happy life. Love your colour combo. And your colouring is always the best.

xxx Monica

Anne Marie said...

Just gorgeous, Maria! I really like the colors you used. Very fitting to help your friend remember her grandmother's happy life. Hope your b'day celebration was a blast! :)

Cristina said...

This is stunning. I love everything about it. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

cbuswell said...

A beautiful and tranquil card. Your dogs made me smile! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! : )

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word, this is SO lovely!! Thank you for playing CASE Study this week!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow this is quite a feat, I am so loving you creative design.

Cheryl said...

I love it! The colors are so pretty! I don't think sympathy cards need to be drab. Great design too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails