Tuesday, January 10, 2012

CASE Study 72 - Soaring by to say hi

This week's MUSE for the CASE Study Challenge#72 is Cristina MacLaren.  The challenge is to make a paper craft based on her card and whatever inspires you from it.

I did a bit of recycling on my card!  There was a leftover (empty!!) jewelry box from Christmas and inside was that cushion 'stuff'. When I looked at it, it reminded me of a cloud. So I decided to make clouds using my Sizzix die.  That inspiration lead me to my card:
Once I saw the CASE study card, I knew it would be a perfect match!   I grabbed my Lawn Fawn Bannerific set and a PTI sentiment.  I used my Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder for more background detail and shaded it with some distress inks.  I finished it off with some pearls.

I'm getting this card in just under the midnight deadline - so you still have time to play.  Here's the inspiration card:


Thanks for your visit!

13 comments:

Olga said...

this is just awesome!!! Love the banner die and those birds are adorable!!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Maria, what an awesome idea to create those fluffy clouds! You are always thinking outside of the box...or in this case inside the box with that cool accent. Absolutely adorable! Have a great day today! :)

Monica said...

Yippeee! Recycling - very impressed with your clouds. They look so very real and delicate. And the sentiment is perfect. The doves look so sweet.

Monica xxx

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love the clouds and using the inside from the jewelry, great idea. Loving the card all over with the banner and the birds. I think it is a perfect card for the challenge.

Cindy said...

These are both beautiful, Maria!! What a clever thing to do with the clouds!! I have lost my mojo, I hope I can find it again!! I love all of the balloons!!

jimlynn said...

Love those "clouds"!!! Just another perfect card Maria. Very cute and I really like the distress ink on the embossing.
Lynn

JJ Bolton said...

Love those fluffy little clouds! So cute!

Meg said...

Aw, what a sweet card! Love the clouds you made and that color scheme is so fresh!

Cheryl said...

I love when inspiration hits like that. You're right, it makes excellent clouds. I love the little pink birdies too.

Debby said...

Great "cloud stuff" and wonderful colours! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooooo sweet...luv the clouds...hope you have an aweosme week!

enjoy *~*

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super duper CUTE!! So much texture! Thanks for joining us this week :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Great card, Maria! So love those creative clouds you made from the recycled batting. Love the embossing and the sentiment banner, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails