Tuesday, May 29, 2012

PDCC133 & CASE92 - Happy Birthday Sam


Happy Tuesday to you!!!  Hope you had a nice long weekend!  We got A TON of yard work done!  Spread 10 yards of mulch in all of our planting beds, cleaned the gutters (Yes, I was on the roof) and got out the patio furniture.  All we need is the pool coping to get completed and summer will begin!

In between all that, I found some time to craft too!   Here's a card I made for "Sam" following the Play Date Cafe color challenge#133 and CASE Study challenge#92.  Oooh, and I see this fit's the Lily Pad Cards "Star" challenge too (barely - but there IS a star on the card!!)


I started with an Basic Grey "S" that I've had forever and covered it with glue and that 'stuff'.  (Honestly - I can't remember what it's called!! LOL ).    I used a combo of PTI sentiment and Lawn Fawn letters to complete the front plus a There She Goes star.

A nice patriotic July birthday card for a boy!

EDIT:  FUN FLOCK!  I think that's what that 'stuff' is called, right??  LOL

Here are the two challenges if you want to play along:

Have a great week!!

Thanks for your visit!

11 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

My goodness you covered some serious ground this weekend, but I bet it all looks great. One thing in TX you don't have as much clean up since the pool is never closed and patio furniture never put away, guess that is one advantage :) Your card is adorable, love the big red S with the sentiment, so CAS and wonderful.

jimlynn said...

Whatever that "stuff" was you covered it in, worked - fabulous! Love the big letter - and of course, that tiny star too!
Lynn

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun card! Love the big monogram covered in that stuff.....whatever it is!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Great case card!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Lovely design and colours, perfect for a young guy!! Thank you for joining us for a CASE Study challenge this week!! xx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE your take on the case study challenge! Great use of our colors--love that felt S! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Debby said...

Wonderful bold monogram. Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous card, hope you have a great day!

enjoy *~*

Monica said...

So striking! Uncluttered and yet so very personal.

Monica xxx

Cheryl said...

Oooh I love the big "S". I thought it was felt. Such a fabulous pop of color and texture. Fabulous CAS design too.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is a cool card! The BIG S is such a surprise (I, too, thought it was felt until you explained that it was fun flock!) I've never been able to use fun flock successfully - my goodness, you excelled with this one! Nice work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails