Saturday, June 2, 2012

CASE#93 & CTD194 - So Sweet of You

WOW!! It was just gorgeous here on Thursday.  I spent quite a bit of time outside, but then opened my craft room windows, enjoyed the breeze and crafted up this card for the CASE Study#93 challenge and used the Color Throwdown #194 colors.


If you look at the CASE card below, you'll see all those fun splatters.  I hadn't done any 'splattering' on my cards.......so I had to think about how I was going to do it.  I don't own any misting products...so what I ended up doing was putting some Distress Ink from my re-inker in a paint tray - then grabbed my aqua brush, dipped it in and then flung the ink onto my watercolor paper.  Worked perfectly!

I stamped two Hero Arts strawberries onto craft cardstock and colored with my prisma pencils and used a PTI sentiment.

Here's the CASE Card:

And here's the color challenge:

And............if you want to get BLOWN AWAY by some pencil coloring on Kraft - check out Dorcas card HERE.  OMG!!!!!!!


Thanks for your visit!

13 comments:

Monica said...

How creative, Maria to do splattering like that... we used to do it with a toothbrush and our thumbs in school. That made me go down memory lane.
Your card is so sweet and edible. I love the strawberries. So nice to be able to visit. Still have issues with computer but atleast I can blog now. Until yesterday could not even do that. Thank heavens for mercies...

Enough blabber there,

Monica

E.T. said...

aah such a perfect strawberry stamp! You used the colour palette beautifully.

jimlynn said...

Love the splatter look on here and the strawberries are yummy looking.
I would have had splatters all over the wall, myself, and poor Rambo I'm afraid! LOL! Great job.
Lynn

Teresa Kline said...

this is soooo sweet, I luv this card!

enjoy *~*

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors...I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-22.html

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card! Really fabulous take on that inspiration card. LOVE those strawberries!

Tracy said...

What a great card. The strawberries look great.

Christina said...

What darling berries, and so perfectly colored. I love the soft splatters that match the sponged edges of the scalloped circle. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Broni said...

Beautiful use of the colors and the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Joan Ervin said...

I love your pretty red strawberries and the spattered background looks awesome!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love your take on the combined challenges! Such a sweet card!

Cheryl said...

Love it! I haven't tried any splattering yet. I always love the look but am too chicken that I might ruin something.... I know, get over it. Your take on the sketch is great. I love the sweet strawberries.

farsana said...

Hey your project is really fabulous.Love it sooooooo much:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails