Tuesday, September 18, 2012

CSC108 - Owl Happy Birthday

Happy Tuesday to you! Today's card took me all weekend to make! Pretty sad, but I was figuring it out along the way.   I wanted to participate in this week's CASE Study Challenge #108 - so it took some 'thinking' for me!

Here's the front - doesn't look too hard, huh?

Here's the inside - you can see the owl that was hiding behind the front owl!

Another shot at the inside:

And here's a side view:

In real life, the outside owl is perfectly lined up with the inside owl. I used a bunch of dimensionals to pop up certain parts of branches and owl and used Glossy Accents for the eyes.  I'm really happy with the result.  Now I have to make sure someone special gets this card because it did take me a while! LOL


Here's the Muse card from Torico:



Thanks for your visit!

14 comments:

Olga said...

this is nothing but increadible, It's priceless!!!! Love it!

Amanda R said...

This is sooooo cute! But I have no idea how you managed to line everything up so well, I am sure I would have had an eyeball off or something. And the woodgrain paper is perfect, just like he is in a big ol tree. Love it!

Karen said...

Maria,
I LOVE that card! I can see why it took you a long time to complete it. Is that the Wise Owl set from Papertrey Ink?

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! What a great design, Maria! I love that owl! Love the tree branch, too. And how fun that you created a window effect here! This is awesome! I can see why it took you awhile to create. ;)

Monica said...

Super card and now I know why it took all weekend to produce this card. Awesome.

Love,

Monica

Lynn McAuley said...

Remarkable work inside and out!! What a fun birthday design, Maria!!

Anja (scrappie) said...

This is really adorable love what you did with the inside.

cbuswell said...

Such a cute owl card! Great details! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

jimlynn said...

I can never line up anything just perfect - and yet, you did! LOVE this Maria! The little owl is so cute and a fantastic card!
Lynn

Andrea Ewen said...

Well, I think your time was well spent since this card is absolutely adorable! Love the colors and that sweet owl image! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Karen B. said...

Holy cats, this is amazing and well worth the effort!

Teneale Williams said...

great card, love the owl. thanks for playing at case study this week

Elizabeth Allan said...

Stupendous!!!! From the inside to the outside this card is a HOOT!

Cheryl said...

So clever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails