Tuesday, June 18, 2013

CASE#145 - Welcome

I decided to play along with this week's CASE Study Challenge#145 and here's the card I came up with:


This was a bit different style for me.  Since starting to do some mixed media - I've 'collected' a bunch of stencils.  When I looked at the inspiration card (below) - I knew I wanted to use the stencil as my background.  This is a Donna Downey stencils that I first sponged with Antique Linen distress ink and then Vintage Photo on top of that.  I then flicked some water on it for added interest.

I used some MME paper and then painted the wood butterfly and added some perfect pearls to the top for some great sheen.  Some pearls, gems and fun pom pom ribbon and it was complete!

Here's the inspiration card:


I'll be back tomorrow with my third and final Father's Day card!

Thanks for your visit!

7 comments:

Amanda R said...

Love the vintage look you were able to get, beautifully done! Did you ever get your necklace?

Olga said...

well you aced the challenge, good luck!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this rich, elegant beauty, Maria! I need more stencils!!

jimlynn said...

The stencil really gives this a unique look! Love the background. Wonderful card and loving that pom pom ribbon stuff!
Lynn

Jeanne J said...

That background has me hypnotized Maria - looks fantastic! Wonderful technique that I'd love to try some day! Makes me want to CASE you!!

Beverley said...

The vintage look has worked so well. Love it! Hugs Bev x

Tasnim said...

That background is amazing! Love the distressed element, goes so well with the background!

Related Posts with Thumbnails