Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hero Arts - Congrats

My friend Gisela asked me to make her a Congratulations card for her co-worker who got a promotion.  She sent me some parameters she wanted on the card and that resulted me having to go to the stamp store to get a new stamp (aww shucks).  
I bought this Hero Arts typewriter stamp and a Memory Box background stamp.  I printed out a "Congrats" from my computer and cut a slit in the typewriter so the paper looks as if it's coming out of it.  It is popped up, but you can't tell from the angle I took the picture.

I was really pleased with how this card came out! Gisela said she liked it too! Yah!!!
Thanks for your visit!

8 comments:

Naturally Me Creations said...

Hehe...i love what you did with the typewriter and the paper there, how creative! :D And i like the string with the button too. :)

Eve said...

sorry to hear that you had to buy a new stamp but i agree with you, that your card turned out great! I luv the jute you used for this card, to match with kind of distress look all around it! :-)

Kathy and Lucky said...

Another creative card, you think of the best things, love the paper coming from the typewriter, I would have just punched it out and put it at the bottom. Great card! Hope all the dogs are doing well. Hope the snow ends soon for you.

Cheryl said...

This is a great card! I really love this typewritter image. Great design.

Harriet Skelly said...

That is a cool idea to make a slit so the paper looks like it is coming out of the typewriter!

jimlynn said...

Outstanding!!! Whoever gets this is going to love it. It's a shame you had to go buy another stamp too! LOL! Love it.
Lynn

Monica said...

AMAZING card... so well done. A masterpiece really. Love the distressed look with jute and everything else and the typewriter looks so nice. I love these old things like typewriters and those old fashioned phones and sewing machines.

xxx Monica

Anne Marie Hile said...

I LOVE this one, Maria! The neutral colors, the patterns and the texture...PERFECTION! You rocked this one! Love it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails