Wednesday, April 11, 2012

SFYTT April/TSG151 - Happy Birthday

Hello again!  Thanks for stopping by!   I was able to sell a few cards through my Crafty Cre8tions Facebook page!!  I was also asked to make a few Calla Lily cards.  Here are two of the birthday cards I created using There She Goes calla lily stamps while playing along with the TSG151 Challenge to use ribbon:

For this first card - I went back to the Sketch For You To Try April layout but tweaked it a little.  I used ribbon instead of another cardstock panel.   I once again used my prismas to create a purple calla lily and a PTI sentiment heat embossed in white.


I wanted to try something a bit different for this card.  I first used my nesties to cut the oval on white cardstock. I stamped my image, colored it with prisma pencils and then decided that I would use the same nestie to die cut the front of the card, creating a window.  I lightly traced 4 areas of the inside of the oval so I would know exactly where to place the image inside.

I added some ribbon, a PTI sentiment and some bling!!!  In real life the ribbon matches the flowers really well - not so much in my picture though!   These window cards are always a challenge for me to take pictures of!

I've got one more calla lily card coming up - but that picture came out awful - so I have to re-take it!

Have a great day!!


Thanks for your visit!

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

both are gorgeous, I think I like the pink the best, but then again......

Kathy and Lucky said...

Congrats on the sales, but your cards are so creative and so pretty. Love these card so beautiful and soft. Fun that they they are the same image but look so totally different. The window card is great!

Jingle said...

These are both SO pretty!

jimlynn said...

Great news about selling some of your cards Maria!
LOVE both of these.....awesome coloring and design on both. So very pretty.
Lynn

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful! Such pretty flowers! Love the coloring and love the color combos. The window design is just fabulous!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Beautifully colored flowers! (I love puppies too) Thanks for playing along with There She Goes! Hope you will join us again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails