Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tuesday Trigger - Happy Birthday

Happy Saturday to you! Hope you have something fun planned.  I was inspired to play along with the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger Challenge. I haven't played in a while, but I thought the inspiration photo was awesome and an idea immediately popped into my head:

(Scroll down a bit to see the inspiration picture first............I'll wait..............)   OK - so the card is a bit 'brighter' than the inspiration but I really like it!

So for the background.........I cut down my watercolor paper to size and then heavily spritzed it with green and teal Dylusion inks.  I dried it a bit and then spritzed more and then to get a bit of floral on it, I took my Hero Arts Large Floral Background stamp (below) and heavily sprayed it with water. (The Dylusions react with water).  Then I stamped it down and held it there for a bit. I was able to get subtle outlines of the flowers.

I stamped a There She Goes butterfly and colored it in with Distress Markers, added some gold acrylic accents (her belt) for the butterfly's flight leading to a PTI sentiment.  I added the wonky ribbon to reflect the layers on the dresses neck.


Here's the Tuesday Trigger:

And....stay tuned because I was able to get a second generation impression of that large floral background....and it's cool!!!!!!

Thanks for your visit!

9 comments:

Tasnim said...

You background looks so much like the fabric! It is absolutely beautiful!!

jimlynn said...

WOW! This is awesome! Love your take on the inspiration photo and that ribbon is fabulous. VERY pretty!
Lynn

Shemaine Smith said...

Beautiful ribbon folding and textures.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is so very, very cool, Maria! That background is amazing! Fabulous, intense color and really cool technique! Love this!

Amanda R said...

Love that background color and what a great touch to add the butterfly in the corner to really emulate the picture well. Beautiful card!

Monica said...

Oh wow ! Awesome treatment to the background paper. Just sooooo attractive.
Monica xxx

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulously inspired design!! Awesome work, Maria!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maria! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Cheryl said...

Awesome! I love the background

Related Posts with Thumbnails