Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yoga Gate Fold Card

I was asked to make a birthday card by my yoga instructor for one of her clients. I used MFT's Serenity Now set and paper pieced her top to match the patterned paper. The button keeps the gate fold closed. The outside panel pieces were cut to: 4 1/8" x 2 3/8" I also paper pieced the inside and colored the rest with prisma pencils and gamsol. I used Cuttlebug swiss dots on the side panels and an MFT sentiment and I "believe" a Hero Arts sentiment. I left the right side area open to be filled in by the gift-giver.
I changed the dimensions of the template that I had so it fit a little better in an A2 envelope. I cut the cardstock to 4 1/4" x 10" and scored each side at 2 1/2" The inside side panel pieces were cut to 4" x 2 1/4" and the middle inside panel was cut to 4" x 4 3/4". Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

InkyFingers said...

Wow, an incredible card. So much work.

Dawn said...

Coool card. Love that you put the big image on the inside. great colors too!

Tami Bayer said...

This is fabulous. I love the clever little button closure. Gatefold always stump me on keeping them closed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails