Friday, September 25, 2009

SCS 247 - Happy Harvest & guest crafter

TGIF!!! Hope everyone had a great week! I did! I finally got to participate in this week's Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge #247. I wanted to make some fall cards that could be used for a couple of occasions. I chose a Studio G pumpkin stamp (I LOVE all things pumpkin!!) and colored with prisma pencils and gamsol. I used PTI's sentiment and finished the card off with an acorn and sunflower felt embellishments. I also used a technique that is new to me....I embossed the stamped image with clear powder (after coloring) and then I sponged the sky. It's subtle in this pictures...but IRL you can see it more. Lastly - I used Paula's grass tutorial.


Now on to our "guest" crafter! Our friend Cheri spent almost a week with us conducting business in NYC, but also to coincide with our Fall Friendraiser. She left on Thursday and last night when I went into the TV room, I saw a card propped up on the table. So, Cheri must of sneaked into my craft room one day and made a Thank You card!!
She used gel pens for her sentiment and memento ink for her "flower" (Don't mind the smudge - she apparently didn't see my post a week ago about the time it takes for the gel pens to dry!!)

For the inside, she used some cat's eye ink and a punch for the corners and some hand-drawn art. It was a nice surprise to find the handmade card. Cheri - if the Pro Fastpitch League Commissioner's job doesn't work out...you can always become a cardmaker!! ( ha ha )

Thanks for visiting today!

Maria

8 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love pumpkins too and the rich colors of autumn. Your card is lovely.

Unknown said...

Very cute...I love the colored pumpkins and the color combo!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love your gorgeous pumpkin cards, Maria!! How divine!!!

Vicki said...

Wonderful Fall card, Maria! Beautiful colors! And what a nice treat to find a card from your friend! Those are so special! Blessings to you!

Payne Holler Cards said...

great fall card .. tfs! and how sweet of your friend! those are always keepers!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Maria I love you pumpkin card!!! Very pretty hun!!! Also wanted to let you know that Pez-A-Doodle Designs does host a Studio G challenge here on Papercraftplanet if you ever feel like joining in :) here is the link for you :) http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/studiogcollectors alot of ladies that use these stamps talk and so forth in this forum, and here is the challenge forum for you tooo http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/studiogcollectors/forum/topics/studio-g-challenge-17-tear-it

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Gina Lindsay said...

Those pumpkins are great! I love those little sunflowers too.

Anonymous said...

Your guest crafter needs many lessons. She might even want to try a different craft. Like maybe scrap booking or photography

Related Posts with Thumbnails