Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Papertrey Challenge - Get Well Soon

On Nichole Heady's blog - Capture the Moment - she's revealing all of Papertrey Ink's new products. She put out a "Special Color Challenge" to make a card using the Design Team color choices.  I don't have a ton of PTI cardstock - so I went with Debbie's choices below.  I also used the Paint By Number Sketch she posted on Day 8 of her reveals.

So - after all of that........here is my card!

I used two cuttlebug embossing folder (circle and swiss dots). I used a border punch and an Inkadinkado stamp for the background on the tea kettle.  Everything else is PTI.  I watched Nichole's tutorial about emboss resist technique and attempted to do that with the tea kettle.  To add a little steam - I glued a small amount of cotton ball to the spout!

Here's an upclose picture of the "steam".

Thanks for taking a look today!

Maria

8 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is really nice. I like the pattern on the tea pot and the cotton ball steam.

Dori Shelton said...

So very cute. I love the colors and the cotton ball steam is such a fab idea!

jimlynn said...

Oh, cute, cute, cute......I LOVE that steam coming out! So clever.

sarahw said...

I love this card! It looks just amazing! So many great details. :)

Unknown said...

That is a great idea adding cotton for steam! I love it! and the colors are my favorite together!

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Love the steam coming out of the tea kettle! So cute! And this card is absolutely beautiful! Wouldn't mind some tea myself, maybe it will help this cold of mine go away :p Great card!

Ginny said...

what a fab card, LOVE the steam :)

Becky said...

What a fabulous and creative card. Love this teapot and it's steam.

Related Posts with Thumbnails