Friday, February 19, 2010

Who Said Money Doesn't Grow on Trees Or Does It?


Whoo said "money doesn't grow on trees"? My nephew doesn't believe that after receiving this card for his birthday!

I wish I could say I came up with the idea all on my own but I can't....I Cased "Eternolyours" card in the 2Peas gallery!


I finally had an opportunity to use my hero arts owl stamps! I used LePlume II markers and Gelly roll pens to color the owls in. To create the branch, I folded a $50.00 bill into thirds and then rolled it very tight. I put a small paper clip on the inside of the bill and attached it to the card. I did put a small amount of adhesive on the branch as well to make sure the money stayed attached to the card. Under the money branch I did stamp out a branch so that once my nephew ripped off the money the card would still look complete.


Should you decide to use this idea just a small word of caution.... Make sure the person who receives the card notices the money. My nephew didn't see it right away. He was shaking the card to see if the money would fall out.


Any Whoo

Thanks for looking!


Cindy
Crafty Creations

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Oh this is so adorable!!! What a neat little surprise. :)

jimlynn said...

So cute! I did see the money (and was wishing it had been MY birthday!) Very cute card, Cindy.

Anonymous said...

Everything about this card is adorable....A++ adorable!!! The owl images are cute and what a fun creative way to give money. Although I really wish I had a few trees like that in my backyard.

Related Posts with Thumbnails