Saturday, April 10, 2010

She's Expecting....or maybe baby's here!?

One of the adoption counselor's at CT Humane Society where I volunteer is VERY preggo! Actually, by the time this posts, the baby might already be here! I wanted to make her a card and got a few little gifts for the baby girl she's carrying - so I grabbed by Studio G "She's Expecting" stamp.

I grabbed some Papertrey Ink cardstock and patterned paper from their Bitty Baby Blessings set and started figuring out my layout! I cut out some nestie scallop ovals and circles and layered them on another oval and circle nestie. I punched two Sizzix Flower dies and added a button and some floss thread (is that what it's called???) and finally, I tried my hand at this ruffle ribbon technique!!!

I've seen the ruffle ribbon technique before, but I saw THIS card by Heather Pulvirenti and knew I wanted to try it on this card! It took a little time for me, but I just LOVE how it came out!!
Thanks again for stopping by today (or just reading it if you're on the email feed!). If you haven't tried the ruffle ribbon technique...give it a whirl on your next card! It's really fun!!!
Maria

7 comments:

Ginny said...

LOVE that image and the ribbon looks GORGEOUS!!!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

What a gorgeous card! LOVE how you did the ruffled ribbon - looks stunning!

Unknown said...

Adorable.. I love the look of your card!!

Jessica Lynn

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I love that image! I am going to have to give this ribbon technique a try.

jimlynn said...

Precious! Love the ribbon treatment too. Just a great card.

Anonymous said...

What a knock-out of a card. The ribbon ruffle added such a delicate and thoughtful touch. Thanks for sharing your inspiration will all of us.

Heather P. said...

This card is sooooo ADORABLE! Love the colors and patterns you used, and that ribbon ruffle is FAB! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails