Monday, May 17, 2010

FTL 90 - Reach for the Stars

Here's another card I made using the Clean&Simple FTL90 Sketch! I made two of these cards for two special guys! Our friend Mike Duggan spearheaded a campaign to turn an unused concrete courtyard at the elementary school his kids to go and turn it into a usable space for the kids and teachers. He recruited volunteers from the school to help with the renovations and labor. Dads of some of the school kids own construction companies, so they were asked to give of their time, material and connections to help with the hard labor. One of the father's recruited was my brother, DJ. His daughter attends the school and his two younger kids will be going there in a few years. The ribbon cutting ceremony was last week with our Mayor in attendance and our local television crew. I wanted to acknowledge the hard work and effort they put in by sending them a card!!

I used ribbon from Michael's I got last year around the 4th of July. I used a bunch of Sizzix star die cuts and a few 'bling" stars. The sentiment is from Scrappy Cat.






Here is a picture of the ribbon cutting. Mike is on the left and our mayor is on the right. You can see the beautiful courtyard in the background. I love the vision that Mike had and the desire to make it happen by asking for people to help. It is so easy to volunteer to help groups and I hope everyone received the feeling of satisfaction that comes along with accomplishing a goal and giving of their time.



Have a great day!!




Maria


6 comments:

Irena said...

Great card, I like the colors of the stars :)

jimlynn said...

Wonderful Maria. That ribbon matches the card perfect. What a wonderful thing those quys did!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love the stars on your card - another great take on the FTL1

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous! I am loving the placement of all those awesome stars, and I just love the ribbon you used! Great job with FTL90!

♥♥♥Lea

Carol said...

Maria: I just posted a link to my card and then noticed yours . . . we both used stars and the red-white-blue theme. My story is a bit different . . . mine was meant to be patriotic and for someone graduating from boot camp. I truly was not copying your card--I'll chalk it up to great minds . . . And besides, I like your card better!! LOL REALLY, I do!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I love all the stars.

Related Posts with Thumbnails