Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mother's Day 1

Happy May everyone! We are going to have a GORGEOUS HOT day here in CT to bring in May! Yipeeeee!
I was asked to make two Mother's Day cards using the distress inks and embossing background, so here is card number 1:
I took three distress inks and blended them on white cardstock. Afterwards I stamped a large Hero Arts swirl background with embossing ink and then heavily spritzed it with water. I stamped it on the blended inks and you get wonderful watercolor markings. I embossed a Penny Black "sparklers" stamp in silver pigment ink and embossed in clear powder. I added some border punching, ribbon, a brad, a PTI sentiment and some floss around the sentiment to finish off the card.

On the inside I used a "Happy Mother's Day" Studio G stamp and a Martha Stewart border punch. (yup - forgot to take a picture!)


Hope you have a FABULOUS Saturday and thanks for visiting :)

Maria

4 comments:

Irena said...

Wondeful card, I like the colors :)

Gina Lindsay said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially the colors.

jimlynn said...

WOW! Maria, this is lovely! Thanks for saying how you did that paper. I'll have to try it. What a wonderful card for Mother's Day.

Cheryl said...

Oh my! This is fabulous! Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails