Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stamping Bella-Mojo 138 Happy Birthday

I really don't know how I made the time to get this card done this week. We are ONE day away from our huge golf tournament and celebration dinner - hosting *almost* 300 people for a fundraiser, but I needed a birthday card and I wanted to take part in Stamping Bella's challenge this week, which was to use Chocolate, Light Pink and Celery Green. For the card sketch, I turned to Mojo Monday's Sketch # 138.
I colored up Maisy Ketto with prisma pencils and gamsol (and yes....we are about two weeks away from taking coloring classes from PAULA in Toronto!!!). I cut her out with Nesties and then reached for my American Crafts paper for the chocolate and pink part of the challenge.

I embossed the candles with my Cuttlebug swirl folder, punched out some candle "flames" and finished it off with a PTI sentiment. I would elaborate more, but I'm running out the door!

Thanks for visiting!!!


Maria

5 comments:

Irena said...

This is gorgeous, lovely papers, the image is so cute and wonderful with this shiny pebbles :)

Jacquel said...

Your card is too cute Maria and love that image!!! I'm diggin' the layout & colors also....awesome job my friend!!!!
Hugs,
Jackie

jimlynn said...

Strange colors to put together - and yet, they are lovely!!! Love your card. Wish I was taking those Prismacolor pencil classes with you. Sounds like fun. Have fun with your activities this week and weekend.
Lynn

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh this is so cute - I love that you made candles out of the three vertical strips!!

Cheryl said...

How did I miss this yesterday? Totally cute! I love that image. You did a great job coloring her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails