Friday, August 27, 2010

That's Amore

Well, it's Week 4 of the Stamping Bella search for a new Bella Babe!  I have entered each week and it's been a lotta fun! As I said before - I really won't be heartbroken if I'm not the new Babe - I'm glad I was able to participate using all my new Stamping Bella images!!!  The creations that the current Bella Babes have made and the other 'contestants' have been INCREDIBLE!!!  Be sure to check them out at the Stamping Bella Blog.

The final challenge was a free-for-all. Whatever you wanted to make it was your choice! So I chose to color up Kissy - a Mo Manning rubber stamp.
I pulled out my Papertrey Ink paper and loved the flower background so I decided to use it as my color palette for her outfit. Of course I used my prisma pencils on Bella's Bestest Paper.  I cut her out using my Nesties oval scallop die and then I made a few flowers using some flower punches and brads.

Since she was puckering up for a big kiss - I used my Amuse sentiment and lastly - I gave her a nice diamond tiara with Martha Stewart glitter!

On a side note - I have to say that I LOVE that Picasa 3 now give you a choice to use Picnik to edit your photographs!!  I never seem to be able to take a great picture of my cards and Picnik REALLY helps bring out the best of your cards. If you haven't tried it - I DO recommend it!!!

Well, we are in HOT HOT HOT Louisiana for the National Professional Fastpitch Softball Championship.  Our friend is the Commissioner of the league and we went down to support her and the league for their first ever championship.

So - in case you leave any comments - I'll return the favor when I return in a few days!!!
Maria

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh Maria - This is fabulous! Once again your coloring is perfection. I love the colors and the glitter. Wonderful!

Enjoy your trip!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Beautiful card, love the image, the coloring, the paper and the bling, you did a great job. Good Luck on becoming a Bella Babe and hope they win in Louisiana.

jimlynn said...

Maria, I have to tell you - this is by far one of the cutest and prettiest cards I've ever seen. OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Everything about it is just wonderful.
Yep, I image ya'll are hot in Louisiana - but hope you're having a good time.
When you get back you're going to have to explain more on this photo editing deal.......
Lynn

Crafty Cath said...

Had to drop by to tell you that your card is fabulous! Love the color pallete and the detailing you gave Kissy with shading, glitter and lots of layers! Good Luck!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a cutie!! I sure hope you make the Bella babe - I think you are awesome and would be a great add to their DT!

Laura said...

What a awesome card!I love your coloring.TFS

Meg said...

Maria, this is soooo cute! I love your wonderful coloring and the awesome sparkly tiara! The flowers are the perfect accent and I love the nesties going over the edge at the bottom. Good luck in your Bella Babe quest!

Irena said...

Adorable card. Great image. Wonderful colors.

LindaH said...

hey....glad you didn't throw it out! great job on the hair!

Patricia said...

Aw, how cute is she! I love all the layered ovals and the punched flowers.

Jenny said...

This is SUPER darling! I love this image and you colored it perfect! The DP combos are stunning with this image! Good Luck!!!!

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

What a cutie! I love the flowers and the cute little tiara! And the color palette for this card is just fabulous! Great job!

Katy Myhre said...

This is wonderful! I love the layout! What did you use to make the flowers?

Related Posts with Thumbnails