Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bat Mitzvah Congrats

My friend Gisela asked me to make her a card for a Bat  Mitzvah she is attending.  She wanted it to be similar to the invitation.

Here's the invitation:

And here's the card I made:

It's 'kind of" similar. I wish I was able to get the brown on the background more, but everything I tried just wasn't working.

I did take a PTI impression plate and then stamped the flowers in the center and the dots in the middle of the impressions.  I used a Sizzix label and cut out my other two layers around it. Added some brown ribbon and stamped out PTI's all about you sentiment.  I'm happy with the result, but still wish I could of gotten the brown in there. Gisela seemed happy with it - hopefully she is :)

So, this post is set up for Sunday (I'm writing it on Friday) because last night (Saturday) we hosted 150 people at our house for a party/friendraiser for "Soldier Socks" - a charity my neighbor started to help provide some necessities to our soldiers.  I'm sure I'll be resting since it will be a late night....I'll be posting some pictures from the party during the week!!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Maria

2 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a pretty card and you really matched the invitation so well, great job.

Cheryl said...

It turned out great! I think it matches well. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails