Friday, September 3, 2010

Thoughts of a Friend......

Today is a day of reflection on our blog. Today marks the two year anniversary of Jenny's passing from Ovarian Cancer at the young age of 38.  Jenny was my high school friend and Cindy's sister-in-law.  We miss her everyday.

I just wanted to share a few pictures of Jenny:

This is Jenny and her husband Andy.
Here's Jenny with her three sons: Andrew, Alex and James

Here's a picture of me, Jen, Tara and Dawn at Tara's wedding

Yup - here she is with Dawn and GEORGE CLOONEY!!!!!!!!!

And here's just a picture of her I love - Jenny in her Ms. Softball America uniform.
I know Jenny's watching over her family and friends, but we all wish she could be here with us instead. I'm blessed to have had her in my life. She was a sweet girl, wonderful mom, terrific wife, fabulous daughter and great friend and one day we'll all be reunited together and doing Jagermeister shots!!
Maria

6 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Sweet memorial post today... Hugs to you darling.

Unknown said...

Very nice tribute to your friend. It helps to remember all the best things about friends who are no longer with us.

Cheryl said...

Oh Maria - What a sweet post! It is so hard to lose some one, especially when they were so young. Take care.

Meg said...

A beautiful tribute. Sending hugs your way, and hope that we can find a cure so no more boys will grow up without their mom.

Patricia said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I can tell that you really miss your friend. But as Cat said, remembering the happy times helps to ease the sorrow.

Alissa said...

This post broke my heart. She was so young... This was a beautiful tribute, Maria.

Related Posts with Thumbnails