Monday, September 27, 2010

Yah for Taz!!!

Saturday was bittersweet for me.  My favorite dog, Taz, who has been waiting for a home for months, finally got adopted.  I am so thrilled for him. He is a wonderful young pitbull that became the doggy ambassador for us at the CT Humane Society.  If we wanted to see if another dog in the shelter was dog-friendly, we'd introduce them to Taz, because Taz loved every dog!
It was my hope to bring Taz home to join our 'dog house' but my hubby wasn't going for it. But what was also sad, was that I wasn't able to have my goodbye with him.  So instead I cried a few tears of happiness for him and said a prayer that he would be the best dog he knows how to be and that his new owner would be the best owner for him.  The good news is the person who adopted him is known by another volunteer and I've already been told that I could visit him :)

 Taz would jump like a high-jumper in his kennel. Bounce and bounce and bounce and a lot of people dismissed him because of that.........but once you got him outside......he was a mellow fellow - just like above.
We introduced him to Tyson and they became BEST BUDS.  Tyson had not been with another dog since he was surrendered to the shelter and we found out that he could get along with other dogs - especially Taz.

Taz is a great ambassador for the people who are afraid of pitbulls because of news reports, bad press or lack of knowledge and experience with them. Yes - there are those dogs (and some of them pitbulls) who have not been given proper training or have been treated badly, that do bad things - but there are A LOT of pitbulls that make wonderful FAMILY pets.  I am so glad to have gotten to know a lot of these dogs personally and can try and help break the myth that these dogs are 'killers'.

So - here's to Taz and his new owner that you have a wonderful long life together!! I'll miss you and hope to see your smilin' pitty face again soon :)

And if you're still with me..............
Happy ANNIVERSARY to TANGO - my former special-needs foster dog - who has been in his WONDERFUL adoptive home for ONE year today!!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm blessed to be able to share part of my life with these wonderful animals!
Maria

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh wow, Maria, I was almost in tears when I finished reading this! That's just wonderful that Taz was adopted - but sad for you I know. At least you'll get to go see him now.
Lynn

Kathy and Lucky said...

This was the best story ever, I know I mentioned my daughter volunteers at our local shelter and hearing the sad stories of how people treated animals was hard, but then she would tell me about the adoptions and that is wonderful. Congrats Taz!!!

Cheryl said...

I'm sending smiles! Congrats to both dogs and their families.

Gina Lindsay said...

I know it had to be hard to say goodbye,but I am happy he has a good home. Great pics!

Meg said...

Yippee for happy forever home stories!!

Sorry you didn't get to say goodbye to Mr Taz, but I hope you get to visit him soon!

Olga said...

Love the great love you have for our shelter dogs..Thank you

Unknown said...

My sister sent me this link ... I adopted taz. He is such a wonderful pup. He's been an amazing addition to my family :) and yes ... Visits are definitely in order. Just ask beth for my phone number or email. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails