Friday, October 15, 2010

Wedding Card - day two

Today I'm posting the wedding card I made for John and Julie. But, before I show you the card, I have to show you the inspiration.  Did you see Kim Kesti's card on the cover of the September/October Paper Crafts magazine? 

When I saw her card, I knew I wanted to CAS it for the wedding card. I thought I could simulate the beach sunrise and although it took a while.............this is how my card came out:
First I pulled all my colors for the card and then punched and punched and punched out EK Success scallops. When it came to the actual sunrise, I didn't like how the sun was popping out from behind the scallops, so I decided to cut off three of the scallops to make the horizon.

I used yellow/gold MS glitter for the sun and then used the PTI sea grass stamps we used for the actual invite.
I was quite pleased with the result, but what I wasn't happy with was the fact that I was making the card the NIGHT BEFORE our flight was leaving! I hardly procrastinate THAT bad.......but luckily, the glitter glue dried!!!
One last shot from the weekend...........my hubby and I!
Thanks for your visit! Hope you are having a great day!!!
Maria

5 comments:

Patricia said...

I scrolled through your other recent posts and I love how you made this card resemble the gorgeous wedding invitations! It sounds like John and Julie had a beautiful wedding, and I hope they have an equally beautiful marriage.

It's nice seeing a photo of you, too! :)

Kathy and Lucky said...

Ok, all I can say about your card is WOW!!!!! Looooovvvvee it! It is so creative, hope you don't mind, may have to CASE this one. Love your picture, you two look so relaxed. Have a great weekend.

Cheryl said...

I love your CASE. I never would have thought to create a sun rise this way. I love the way it turned out.

Unknown said...

Wow! I think your card turned out fabulous. What are you talking about procrastinating. You had lots of time! I rarely ever get a card done until its suppose to be out the door. :)

jimlynn said...

Terrific card!!!! Now that's alot of punching of scallops too! So unique and I love it.
LYnn

Related Posts with Thumbnails