Friday, August 26, 2011

Bellarific Friday - Happy Birthday!

Wow - so much for that New Year's Resolution to participate in EVERY Bellarific Friday Challenge! LOL   I did try - but then life gets in the way........and......you know........BUT....I did get to participate in this week's sketch challenge!

A friend sent me a message on Facebook that she needed a birthday card for her niece turning 16. She likes brown, pink and blue.  So I pulled out my Lulu with a birthday cake and colored her with my prisma pencils.

She's got a ton of dimension that I just can't capture in my pictures.  The cake has glossy accents, her hair is black embossed and her dress has glitter.  Additionally - I'm STILL frustrated that my uploaded pictures to blogger are SO BLURRY!  I've read a ton of blog posts about it and haven't found a solution!
UGH!!!!!!!!!!

To finish off the card, I cut the "16" out of my Sizzix letters and used a PTI sentiment.

Here's the sketch I followed!!!


I hope you all had a great week. We had FABULOUS weather here in CT...........end of summer/beginning of fall weather.  I just LOVE it!!!!!!

But.......now this Irene is coming to town. I think we're supposed to get hit on Sunday.  Saying prayers to everyone on the East Coast.....Be Safe!!!


Thanks for your visit!

6 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

I will be thinking of you, my family and of course my son, as Irene comes ashore. I was there for Gloria in 1985 and was in a hurricane when we had a house on the Outerbanks. Love your card, the colors are all so perfect and the image is beautiful and great with all the different textures. Your coloring is always so perfect, such the artist :) Stay safe and give the puppies hugs, I know Lucky would be so scared he hates storms.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a cute card, Maria! So perfect for a sweet 16. Love those colors, and an awesome coloring job on that fun image. I love all your little details like the glossy accents and the embossing. :)
Hope you weather the upcoming storm with no problems. I've heard conflicting reports about what's supposed to happen here. I think we might get lucky. Got my fingers crossed.

Gina Lindsay said...

I love this card. Great use of those colors too. Your coloring is fantastic on here. Wow. Everyone is in my prayers that is in the path of Irene, keep safe.

jimlynn said...

A PERFECT card for a 16 year old! Just adorable and girly....wonderful. Love your coloring on this and the little flower brad in the ribbon. VERY CUTE CARD!
Stay safe with all this hurricane business going on. I'll worry about you!
Lynn

Monica said...

Awwe, Lulu is adorable... so feminine and those flowers add so much vibrancy. Great colouring as usual. And the sixteen year old will lllloooove the colour combo.

xxx Monica

Harriet Skelly said...

What a great sweet 16 card! I love that image - she is adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails