Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Craft Show Week - Day 2

Hello!  Today I'm showing you some stamped candles I made for the craft fair.  Now - it WOULD of been smart to take some pictures of the candles BEFORE packaging them..........but.......I forgot to and I didn't want to unwrap them.  But, I think you'll get the gist of them.

First up are the snowflake candles.  Snowflakes came from my Inkadinkado set.


Next are my 'teacher' candles.  The apple stamp is from Stampabilities, and the apples on the cover are from Studio G

Lastly, are the butterflies from Studio G:

To stamp on candles, you stamp your image onto tissue paper that you'd use inside a gift bag.  It didn't matter much what type of ink you stamped with.  For the apple, I colored the image in with my Marvy markers.  Next, you cut out the image (you don't have to cut it out right to the image line) and I used a tiny bit of adhesive to hold the image on the candle.  Lastly, I took wax paper and wrapped it around the candle and heated the image with my heat gun.  The candle will melt a bit grabbing the image to the candle.  Peel carefully and you have a stamped candle!

The idea to recycle tomato/blueberry containers for my packaging came from Kerry at Kerry's Paper Crafts.   I 'believe' she got the idea from someone else, but I saw it on her blog.  It really worked out perfectly for these candles!  Thanks Kerry!


See you tomorrow for Day #3!!



Thanks for your visit!

7 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful candles, Maria! That is such a fun project and yours turned out beautifully. I haven't stamped on candles in so long, and I never used the trick of the wax paper, so I need to remember that. I'm sure it would make things much easier. ;) Love the stamps you chose. Such a great mix, something for everyone. And I love the packaging. Perfect-o!

Monica said...

They are all so wonderful, Maria... love the tags as well. How talented you are and with what ease you make such lovely stuff. Keep going girl!
xxx Monica

Kathy and Lucky said...

Cute candles, I have never tried stamping on candles, but should give it a try. Great idea to use the blueberry containers to pack them in, they all look so wonderful. I just know y'all will have great success.

jimlynn said...

So pretty Maria - and GREAT containers for these. You've decorated them to perfection!
Lynn

Gina Lindsay said...

These are gorgeous!! the candles themselves are darling but your packaging makes them even more special. Best of luck with your craft fair.

Cheryl said...

What a great way to recycle these containers! They look so pretty with the ribbon, tags and stamped candles. I bet these are going to be a popular item at the craft shows.

Meg said...

Ok, I totally want to try stamping on a candle now!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails