Monday, December 19, 2011

Money DOES grow on trees!!

Happy Monday to you!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  Ours was pretty quiet, which was an amazing feat the weekend before Christmas.  On Saturday night I filled and wrapped TWENTY of my husband's gift baskets.  Wowzers!

I did find some crafty time too and I made these money trees which I found on the "Then She Made..." blog.


Now, you'd think that after being a bookkeeper for 15 years, I'd have a handle on $$$.......but I guess my 3 years of retirement shrunk my brain.  I SWORE I had $49 on this tree and had to add the single dollar to the tag.  Well, my hubby walks in the room and looks at it and says........$44.00??   I was like "WHAT?"  OMG - are you kidding me!  Yup.......add much???   So, in the end, I had to add $6.00 to the tag, which I did by making two origami hearts out of the bills.

It ended up looking pretty good, but I wish I had my brain functioning correctly prior to making them!! LOL


Hope your math skills are better than mine!

Thanks for your visit!

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

we all have brain farts from time to time LOL, it's cute as can be!!!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

I am with Olga, we all have those, especially after not working for a couple of years, I have seen a big difference from when I worked and now that I am not working :) Love the tree anyway and anyone would love it, if it were $5 or $49....cute, cute idea. TFS. Sounds like your weekend was still somewhat busy filling and wrapping all those gift baskets.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hey $44, $49.........I'd take it either way!
This is genius, Maria! Love, love, love this idea. My head is now spinning thinking about making one of these for my son. Cash is right up his alley!

Cheryl said...

Oh how funny! I hate when I do things like that. I love your little money tree. Such a cute idea!

jimlynn said...

I hope you make 21 instead of 20 since you need to send one to me too!!! I'll even take it with the $44.00 instead of $50.00 on it!! LOL!
So cute Maria..and fun! Love it!
Lynn

Meg said...

Oh, this is so cute! I wish I would have seen this before I bought my niece's gift, but I'm definitely going to pin it for next year.

I can't tell you how many times I make stupid math mistakes like that--the worst is when it happens at registration, right after you tell the parent that you'll be their child's math teacher this year! :)

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness, I love this! That is such a cute way to give a money gift! I could see me doing the exact thing miscounting the money too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails