Saturday, March 3, 2012

Many wishes for.......

a beautiful day!!!  Well, I hope all you blog readers have a beautiful day today! It's Saturday - so we all should, right?

I've been trying to make birthday cards for my 'stock' and this card today is one of them!  I followed the There She Goes #145 Sketch and also played along with the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge #107 of using banners.


I started off choosing these tiny butterflies from a TSG stamp set.  I stamped out four of them for layering.  Next, I chose some American Crafts paper and stamped the sentiment on a Lawn Fawn banner.  The card was looking a bit bland even after popping the banner up and even popping up the butterflies.......so I decided to add the "Happy Birthday" under the banner.

Here's the sketch, which I flipped on it's side:


And here's the Hand Stamped Sentiment's challenge:


Thanks for your visit!

9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Maria! Love every little thing about this. I think your take on this sketch is absolutely fabulous!

jimlynn said...

So pretty! Love that DP you used and those pretty butterflies!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
LYnn

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is really pretty, love the colors with that pretty paper and the butterflies holding up the banner. Have an awesome weekend.

Erin Gonzales said...

I Love your card, I love everything- your paper, your colors, your banner, the sketch and the simplicity of it just makes me giddy! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!!

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty! I love your choice of papers and the pretty butterflies holding the banner.

Krista said...

What a pretty card! I like how the butterflies look like they are fluttering away with the banner! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the soft colors and the simple layout! Great use of a banner! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Clean and simple! I LOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

inkedx2 said...

This is a really cute card. Love that ds paper! The colors are so soft and pretty. Great banner! Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails