Friday, March 30, 2012

SSSC155 - Happy Anniversary

TGIF Everyone!!  Hope you had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend!  I found some time to play along with the Sweetest Sunday Sketch Challenge # 155.  I REALLY liked this sketch layout!

I grabbed a House Mouse stamp and embossed it on water color paper and once again - used my Distress Inks to color in the image.


Let me tell you about my little banners!   I few weeks ago, my hubby brought home new dish towels from William Sonoma and it had this great cloth ribbon holding them together.  I figured I could re-purpose them!  So I wanted more white on the card.  I stamped three hearts with Distress Inks, cut them into banners and glued them down with glossy accents!  I was proud of myself for recycling :)    I added some dots with a white gel pen and embossed a Hero Arts sentiment in white as well.

I'm getting this in for today's deadline - but here's the sketch anyway!


Have a great day!!!!

Thanks for your visit!

5 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is pure sweetness :) how cute is this little card and those little banners are pure genious! Love your layout with this little mice. Have to say I am loving using distressed inks since taking the TH class and you do such a wonderful job with coloring with them, you do TH proud. Have a great weekend.

jimlynn said...

Sensational!!! Great way to recycle the ribbon and love the little hearts stamped on them. Precious image and beautiful coloring with those distress inks!!
Adorable card!
Hope you have a good weekend.
Lynn

Cindy said...

Wonderful card, Maria!! Love what you did with the ribbon!! Definitely adds to the card!! So sorry to hear about Sweet Pea. Love her pink cast!! Hope she's up and around soon!!!

Monica said...

What awesome colouring there and how creative to use the ribbon from the dish towels... love those tiny hearts.
Monica xxx

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, I do love a sweet little House Mouse image. This is SO adorable, Maria! Love the banners you made from the recycled towel ribbon. Way to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails