Thursday, September 13, 2012

More Fall Cards

Are you getting tired of my Fall cards yet?  Hope not!  I've got two more to show you today and I'm going to finish out the week with more! Watch out!

I'm am still creating cards using the Impression Obsession leaf stamp that I stamped out last week. I guess I went a bit crazy huh?  But it was fun to use the stamp in different ways.

This first card used 'second generation' stamping on watercolor paper with my Distress Markers.   I cut out the image using my nesties and sponged a bit.
 I layered that on glittery brown cardstock. Then used a PTI woodgrain impression plate and layered some color over that to give it some dimension.  Used up some scrap DCWV paper and a Studio G stamp and one more fall card was complete.

For the second card - I thought I'd try my hand a collaging..........which needs some PRACTICE!
I took a Tim Holtz tag and used a few different stamps to create the collage.  You can still see some of the Impression Obsession leaves floating around on the card.  The tag was so big, I ended up tearing the bottom off.

I stamped the card background with a Stampin' Up stamp I bought at my LSS 'consignment sale along with two PTI sets! SCORE!  You see that material on the card?  My hubby bought some new shoes and they came in these fabric bags, so I decided to use some of that on the card.

So - there are two more cards!  I'll be back with more :)


Thanks for your visit!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Love those cards! The colors on the second one are just beautiful! Great job.

Elizabeth Allan said...

This have been a week of autumnal beauty Maria. These designs are GORGEOUS! Looking forward to tomorrow's cards.

Amanda R said...

You are so creative Maria, I love coming to see what you have thought of, it always inspires me to try something different and no, I am NOT tired of that fall stamp!

Gina Lindsay said...

I just love the richness of the colors of fall cards and could never see too many! These are gorgeous, I love the bottom one.

jimlynn said...

Both are fantastic! Love the leaf stamp on the first one - beautiful colors too!
The second is outstanding - and no more practice needed! GORGEOUS! The fabric is wonderful! Tell him to go buy more shoes now!! LOL!
Lynn

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous! Love these! You are absolutely rocking that leaf stamp! So impressed with all the ways you have used that same image!

Monica said...

Both so pretty. Love the paper in first - the background one. And the second one is so interesting - from the fabric border to the the torn tag (which adds so much character...) The little bird looks so cute and so do the embellies.


Keep making them and sharing them - something lovely about them.

Monica

Karen B. said...

These are beautiful, and so perfect for the season that is quickly approaching. What a fine way to show off you technique skills as well!

Cheryl said...

You are really rockin' the autumn cards! Beautiful work my friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails