Wednesday, October 31, 2012

RS35 - Happy Birthday

Happy Halloween!  Since I'm writing this post up on Sunday night - I'm wondering if Halloween is cancelled today!  On Sunday, schools were already cancelled through today - so who knows what's happening!

What I do know, is this is a card I made for the Retro Sketches Challenge # 35:

Once I looked at the sketch and knowing I needed another birthday card - I figured I'd make candles!  This came together pretty quickly.  I cut 1/2" strips of My Mind's Eye papers and then staggered them on the card.  I punched out the 'flame' and ran them through my Xyron machine and then covered the sticky side with glitter.  Stamped out a Papertrey Ink sentiment, added some bakery twine and this card was in the books! (Soon to be in the mail too!!!!!!!)

Here's the sketch! You've got until Friday to play:

Hope you East-coaster's weathered the storm OK!

Thanks for your visit!

12 comments:

Amanda R said...

Thankful we both weathered the storm okay and this card is so fun! The glittery flames are an awesome touch! Love it!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, yall stay safe and hope your power is up and running before to long!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great idea for a card Maria - I love the patterned paper candles! So pleased to hear (from your next post) that you are safe from the storm.

Lynn McAuley said...

Love these colorful birthday candles and sweet birthday wish tied on with twine. Sensational design, Maria!

jimlynn said...

Perfect take on that sketch Maria - and just wonderful! LOVE this!!!
Lynn

Laurie said...

What a great idea to use candles for the sketch! So cute! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

Monica said...

Super card... love the papers and how you created the candles. The glitter looks so dressy.
Monica xxx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love the sparkle on the candle flames!! Lots of wishes to make on this card :0)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Absolutely LOVE this, Maria!

Cheryl said...

I love these candles, especially the glitter. This would be a great way to use up scraps.

Arielle H Gordon said...

SUPER FUN! Love the candles! Great take on the RetroSketch - Thanks so much for playing with us!

Karen B. said...

What a fabulous use of patterned paper, and I can see this design being put to use by me to use up some of my growing scrap pile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails