Saturday, January 9, 2010

Soaring by to say hi

Hello! Well...I received my order of Tim Holtz Distress Inks and had a chance to play with them on Friday. I had to re-watch Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking classes on 2 Peas. I just LOVE how she works with these inks! It's amazing!
So, here's my first attempt at blending the inks along with embossing. I'm happy with the result but I think I have to change what type of cardstock I use for this technique. I used the Georgia Pacific cardstock. Can anyone give me other recommendations?

For the card details - I used PTI's Spring Moss cardstock and Everyday Blessings patterned paper. I used a Martha Stewart border punch and a Inkadinkado stamp which I embossed. I also used a PTI sentiment and three of my hoarded buttons.

Now, I've got to go watch Jennifer's other classes to see what else I can do with these inks!

Thanks for stopping by today. If you have any other tips for these inks...please feel free to share!

Maria

8 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! Love the background you created with the distress ink. Very pretty card!

Sandi Berg said...

Such a pretty card! I wouldn't change anything.

Elisabeth said...

Great job! You'll love these inks, I use them on almost everything!

Elizabeth said...

What a stunning card. I just cant do that distress ink thing - but you rock the technique. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the embossed bird! Great job!

Gina Lindsay said...

great colors that you used. I just bought some of these inks the other day and haven't used them yet. Tanks for the link, I will have to check that out!

Vicki said...

Wonderful card, Maria! I know those inks take practice but they are so worth it! I just love 'em! I also love the papers you used! Just beautiful! Blessings to you!

liannallama said...

oh, it's such a beautiful card! I love the colors and everything you did!

Related Posts with Thumbnails