Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wedding Card

Well, my friend Gisela is really keeping me in cardmaking business!!! Gotta love her (and all her friends that have a lot of celebrations, weddings, births and birthdays going on!)

Gisela asked me to make her a wedding card for friends in Switzerland. Usually she'll give me a few thoughts on what she wants the card to look like, but for this one - she said I could do whatever I liked!

So, of course...I had to run to the stamp store to see if there were any cute wedding stamps and I found this one from Hero Arts- which I thought was adorable! I loved the birdie in the top hat and the little hearts coming up from their kiss!
I colored the birdies with prisma pencils and gamsol. I used an Amuse "That's Amore" stamp on a Sizzix die cut tag. I used foof a la paper which has been sitting in my room waiting to be called upon and used a border punch, cuttlebug embossing swirl folder and some bling! I added a small pearl to the "bride's" flower in her hair and red glitter on the hearts! Lastly, I popped up the wings and hat for some dimension - but not too much since it's being mailed overseas!


I've been trying to get into the habit of stamping more than one image when I make a card - so here's the second card I made today. Pretty much the same theme, but I used a MFT sentiment "Love You More" over and over again on the panel on the left in yellow and one in blue - so it stands out. I also used PTI's polka dot stamps for the blue panel.
Thanks again for visiting today!
Maria

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your visit & kind comment, Maria.
I adore your cards too. That Foof a la paper is gorgeous & I wish my stamping was that good :)

Gladys said...

What a sweet card! Love the images!

jimlynn said...

Precious! I know the couple will love it. What a cute image too.

Becky said...

These two are just precious. love the paper pieced wings.

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

oh my gosh these are soooooo cute! Love that image! And both of these cards turned out great! And very good idea to stamp more than one image when making a card! Maybe I'll make more than one card a day by doing that!

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh this is just too sweet, I love the two different looks with the same stamp. The popped up wings are perfect!

Ginny said...

think this is my new fave, love everything about it, the paper and the stamp, she's gunna love it :)

Unknown said...

Very cute, love the paper and those birds are too cute!

Cheryl said...

Awwww! I love this! Very cute. I love the colors.

Jingle said...

That is just too cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails