Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lyndsey's Outstanding Decoupage Bowl!

Well this post is well overdue but better late than never.

My cousin's daughter Lyndsey who I consider my niece came to visit Jill and I in Connecticut and I'm not even going to tell you when because that would really tell you how delinquent I am in getting this post out! Anyway, Lyndsey is very creative, talented and one smart cookie. She loves to make homemade gifts and she made this for us. Isn't it terrific?!!!!!



The greatest thing about it is when she arrived it was filled to the brim with chocolates! Lyndsey knows how much Jill loves chocolates and that they would not last long so she also brought some tea light candles. When the chocolates were gone, we filled the bowl with water, placed the tea lights in and lit the candles. The bowl looked absolutely amazing when the candles were lit!

Lyndsey came up with the idea all on her own. She went to her local craft store and purchased the plain glass bowl. She took tissue paper and decoupaged it to the bowl. That's it! A nice simple project with functionality.

I can't wait to see what she comes up with next! Thanks for stopping by!

Cindy

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a nice gift! She sounds like one creative girl. Have a great week end!

jimlynn said...

Very unique and what a wonderful gift! So cute!
Lynn

Related Posts with Thumbnails