Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Altered Notepads

So, craft show season will be upon us before you know it. Cindy and I participate in one show in November at one of our local churches, then we 'attempt' to find another one after that.  Last year's 2nd show was a bust - so who knows what will happen this year.  I buy items all year long to get prepared for the show and now's the time to start putting them together.

I bought these mini-notepads at Staples sometime last year when they were on sale.  I covered the front panel with cardstock after punching holes to match the wire. (Obviously I decorated the cardstock first!!)

So I used Papertrey Ink's Take Note set for all of these and used a variety of papers and ribbons.  They were pretty quick and easy to make, once the hole punching was done! Not sure what we'll sell these for, but I do want to add a pen to them as well.



Let me know if you have any questions about these!! Thanks for taking a look today!
Maria

7 comments:

Vonnie said...

I love what you done to cover these notebooks! I have done some before too. Yours are sooooooooo much better then the ones I put together. I also pick up items during the year to put together for craft shows. I have more of these to do and can't remember how I punched the tops. Could you help me out?
Your blog is always so nice and such an inspiration for me.
Yvonne

Irena said...

WOw all of these notebooks are great.

Nordicblogger said...

Great ideas! I love what you've done with all of them. They're so inspiring.

jimlynn said...

WHOA! These are fabulous!!!! How in the world did you get those holes lined up, etc????? They're just perfect!
Lynn

Crafty Creations said...

I had a few questions about how I made the holes line up - so I thought I'd put the answer here as well :)

So what I did was gingerly, rip out one of the pages of the notebook, so I retained the holes as best I could. Then I traced where the holes were on a piece of cardstock that would match the front cover size (so now, that was my template). Then I took the piece of cardstock I would use for my front cover and put pencil marks where the holes were. Then I took my paper piercer and pierced the holes through a mouse pad.
Next I cut the slits exactly vertical with my scissors. I put my atg tape right below the holes and then pushed the paper through the wire slits. MY holes are much smaller than the holes on the notebook, so there's not much movement of my paper - I think that's why the slits seem unnoticeable (yah!).
My notebook cover does NOT fold all the way back though - so that's something to think about.
Hopefully that helps you - if you have more questions - let me know :)
Maria

jimlynn said...

Thanks! I don't notice the slits at all. I thought you had to take that front cover off or something - like taking the wire spiral out, etc. I'll try it like you did - MAYBE I can handle that one!
Lynn

Cheryl said...

Awesome! I recently bought these sets and you've inspired me to break them out and ink them up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails