Saturday, December 18, 2010

Celebrate the Season Tag

What can I say about this tag....hmmmm, non-traditional colors?  Red and Turquoise?  Not really sure how it came about....but it started with the ribbon.  I knew I wanted to use the ribbon and I had the Studio G snowman stamp.
He had to have a red hat and scarf....and I kept interpreting the snow as blue...and it ended up kind of turquoise......so, I just went with it.  I embossed the tag base with my Cuttlebug folder. Then cut a scallop circle out of red with my Marvy punch.  To jazz it up a bit, I used my hole puncher and punched holes just inside of the scallops.  I colored the snowdrift and added clear stickles. 

I stamped out an Inkadinkado ticket stamp and colored in to match.  Regarding the ribbon, I didn't want the backside of the ribbon to show, or have the snowman upside down, so I ended up stapling the ribbon to the tag and I got what I wanted :)

Thanks for stopping by!!
Maria

4 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Ok, another I just love and that ribbon that matches, perfection!!!! The blue looks kind of light blue, it's pretty with the red. Can't wait to see more, can you tell I love your tags!!!!

Cheryl said...

Cute! I love this color combo, especially for Christmas.

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love that ribbon and a great idea about punching the holes in the scallop circle! I even like the colors together!!
Lynn

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the embossing here. those colors look great together too. Your tags look just amazing, it has been fun checking them all out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails