Saturday, February 12, 2011

Thank You

Wow - I'm really proud of the card I'm showing today!!!  My friend Gisela sent me an email asking if I could make a Thank You card for her that depicted a stage/microphone/stool.  She recently went to a Seinfeld show and wanted to send her friend a thank you.  My first reaction was.......umm, no...I have nothing like that...but I thought about it a bit and then looked through my stash and found I had 'almost' everything I needed!

Here's the card:
So, here's what I did!  First I took my PTI wood floor stamp and stamped three rows.  Then I cut a circle out and used the cut-out as a template and sponged the circle with yellow.  Then I took my circle and put it over the yellow portion and sponged distress inks over the wood floor.  I sponged black as the backdrop.

I took the lamp from a PTI set and only inked up the stand. Stamped that in black and then used my versamark pen to make a microphone and embossed with silver powder. And there's my microphone!  I didn't have a stool or chair that we both liked - so I left that off the card.

For the curtains...I laid down three strips of tacky tap and then folded them to look like stage curtains.  I folded the top ribbon in 1/2 and folded it behind the panel.  Then, using some extra tacky tape, I stuck the stage panel on top of my card.

I used an Inkadinkado 'thank you'.   I sent a 'thank you' email to Gisela for challenging me with this card! I'm really happy with the result :)  What do you think?

Thanks for your visit!

5 comments:

Naturally Me Creations said...

Awww! :D What an interesting card, i love something different like this! :) What a great card!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wow!!!! This is amazing, so glad you didn't say no. You are so creative with your cards. I hope you will put this in the gallery at Splitcoast Stampers, everyone needs to see your creations :)
Have a great weekend, say hi to the puppies and give them all belly rubs.

jimlynn said...

I can see why you're proud of it!!! WOW! I'd be proud too....this is just wonderful. Those "curtains" look REAL! No chair is needed. Perfect, as is!
Lynn

Anne Marie Hile said...

Maria, this is so COOL!! I just love how you put it all together and thought outside the box to do it. That curtain is fabulous!! This card takes "center stage" for sure. Great job, I'm sure your friend is going to love it! :)

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow this is definately awesome - and you should be proud of this! So creative!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails