Sunday, April 17, 2011

TKT#50 - Happy Birthday!

Today's card is for That's Krafty Thursday Challenge #50.    The Spotted Chick puts out Thursday challenges and the requirement this week (and maybe every week) is to use Kraft cardstock!  What a great coincidence that I made my father-in-law's birthday card using PTI kraft cardstock!

I knew I wanted to use woodgrain for his card and the woodgrain stamp I had wasn't big enough for the outside of the card -so I grabbed my PTI impression plate.  I 'impressed' 75% of the front, leaving the bottom clean for the PTI sentiment.   I added some ribbon and some distress inks to bring out the woodgrain.

For the inside of the card, I stamped the PTI sentiment first. Then I cut a Nestie die out and taped it down over the sentiment to create a mask. I inked up my Hero Arts woodgrain stamp with distress inks and stamped over the sentiment and mask.

The inside was still pretty dull, so I decided to stamp a Stampendous cupcake.  I made a few layers and popped them up.
So, this is the card we gave to my father-in-law on Friday for his birthday!  What do you think?


Thanks for your visit!

10 comments:

Monica said...

This card is fantafabulous!!! Love the texture and the colours. Your father in law will love it...

So woody and natural - simply LOVE it!

xxx Monica

Audrey Pettit said...

Well I think it's absolutely fabulous!! LOVE the kraft, and now you totally have me wanting the woodgrain impression plate. Your ribbon tie and sentiment stamping at the bottom are fabulous, and I love how you finished off the inside. Totally rocked this one, Maria!

Meg said...

What a great masculine card, Maria! I love how you used 2 different wood grains. The blue is perfect pop of color! I bet your FIL will love it!

jimlynn said...

Perfect! Like that wood grain look and inside and out...it's wonderful. Know he liked it too!
LOVE that wonderful ribbon - so colorful and it matches the cupcake!
Lynn

gayle-rn said...

Really nice masculine card.Nice job.

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is great card, love the wood grain and how you did the wood grain on the inside with the sentiment. Bet he loves the card!

Harriet Skelly said...

Maria this is such a fabulous birthday card - I love how you did the inside!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is such an awesome masculine card! The woodgrain rocks and that ribbon is fabulous! Great job! :)

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh! This is fabulous! The perfect manly card. I love the woodgrain and clean design. Perfect!

The Spotted Chick said...

Ok, now this has got to be the PERFECT man card that I've ever seen! Simple, manly and to the point! It doesn't get any better than that for a guy card. I have such trouble with these! I absolutely LOVE the woodgrain touch and that blue just pops off the kraft. What an EXCELLENT card Maria! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}
P.S. Those are the CUTEST fur babies I've ever seen. I just want to give them each a big ol hug!

Related Posts with Thumbnails