Monday, January 2, 2012

An Explosive 50th Anniversary!

Can you handle another explosion? Well, get ready! My Aunt Gail and Uncle Ralph will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary at the end of the month. Their kids put together a fun little project called "Gail & Ralph's 50 Days of Love and Surprises" . Each person was given a day to celebrate them counting down to their anniversary. Our day is this Friday the 6th, so since I was in the explosive mood, I thought it would be a great way to celebrate them.

So, once again.....here's the explosion!!

I decided to go with a "Love Birds" theme - so I started out with Papertrey Ink's Love Bird set.  
I embossed the birdcage in black and then stamped the birds over it, so it looked like they were inside.  
I built the rest of the box from there, adding red glass hearts as embellishments.


Here's the cage up close along with a punched heart with glossy accents.
I die cut out Sizzix numbers and stamped Studio G drink glasses and added glossy accents and some glitter to simulate champagne.


Here's the outside with a bunch of gold bling for their 'Golden" anniversary!

So, we'll hand deliver this to Aunt Gail and Uncle Ralph on Friday. (Thankfully she doesn't subscribe to my blog!).  I'm sure they'll be happy with it!

Hope you had a great New Year's Celebration!!!


Thanks for your visit!!
Maria

7 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Happy New Year!!! This is great and so much fun, your Aunt and Uncle will just love it. You make the best explosion boxes. Love the one on Jan 1 as well, so colorful and welcomes spring, I can see why people are ordering. Love them both.

Gina Lindsay said...

What an awesome idea, to celebrate not only the day but the ones leading up to such a milestone. I know this will be cherished by them, it is fabulous!

Meg said...

WOW! Another fantastic explosion box! Love all the bling you added to the inside and outside, as well as those cute little lovebirds!

Also, what a clever idea the 50 days of love is! Going to have to keep that in mind for my parentals in a few years!

jimlynn said...

Maria, you're just completely rocking these explosion boxes! This is so pretty - all of it - and know they'll treasure it. Wonderful.
Lynn

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow!!! This is awesome - I never made an explosion box - they look so difficult - but I love your. Maybe I'll get brave and try one!!

Cheryl said...

Oh wow! You are sure rockin' these explosion boxes. What a sweet idea for your Great Aunt & Uncle's special day. (I also love the idea of a surprise each day too. )

Audrey Pettit said...

What a cool idea for your aunt and uncle! Really celebrates their fabulous 50 years together. My parents just celebrated their 51st anniversary with me in December. :)
LOVE your box, Maria!

Related Posts with Thumbnails