Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday's Reflection - Lily Pumpkin Pie

So, I put off this blog post for a few days because I just felt I was on a run of sad posts.  So after giving you blog readers a couple of days of happy cards, I'm fessing up that we said goodbye to our Lily Pumpkin Pie on Tuesday.  There's nothing worse, but it was her time and I vowed not to let her suffer in order to keep her with me any longer.   Lily's FAVORITE time of year was winter, so wouldn't you know on Monday night....snowflakes fell from the sky?  On Tuesday morning she got to lay outside in the snow for a bit too.  It made me happy that she was able to enjoy some snow on her last day.

I thought I'd show you a few of our favorite pictures of our 'first born'

This is Lily during her first week home with us.  We adopted her in December 2002
from Pet Rescue in NY  - which is a GREAT rescue group!!  She came up from West Virginia with two other siblings.

Yes - we did have a first birthday for Lily and Hayley (Cindy's dog)

Lily always had the best head tilt!  Here she is with Nolie

This is one of my all time favorite shots. First, because I was able to catch the action. 
Secondly, Nolie looks like the most viscous animal on the earth (which couldn't be farther from the truth)
And third - Lily's doing her Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon move

Lily didn't always love going to the park like Nolie and Layla...but she'd sit for a pose 
as long as needed if 'C-O-O-K-I-E-S' were involved.

She didn't mind a close up either

And this shot is from this summer taken on my cell phone. I just think the pool reflection is awesome.

So Rest In Peace little girl.  We will see you again.

Thanks for your visit!

11 comments:

Karen M said...

So sorry to hear about you losing your beautiful dog lily. By looking at your photos I can see what a great life she had with you and how lucky you were to have each other! Big Hugs from a fellow animal lover x x

Kathy and Lucky said...

Oh Maria, I sit here just looking at those sweet pictures and I am so sorry for your loss, big {{Hugs}} to you my friend. You have such wonderful pictures to remember your puppy and know that the good Lord will take wonderful care of Lily as she plays without pain. I am so glad she got to be in the snow. Thoughts and prayers with you.

craftieodmae said...

bless her heart, yes I'm crying, she was so beautiful, you have some very awesome pictures of her!

Monica said...

Oh what beautiful memories of such a pretty pet, Maria. I am sure she is in peace already...
Thanks for sharing those precious pics.

Hope you are doing okay. Take care of yourself, too.

Hugs,
Monica

Julie Cade said...

Awwww. How sad for you. I'm sorry. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures. God bless you.

jimlynn said...

Maria, all I can say is that you can rejoice in the fact that Lily is no longer suffering. I know how had this is on you but, as you said, you'll see her again some day. My heart goes out to you and your husband.
Lynn

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, I'm SO sorry Maria! So, so very sorry!

Cindy said...

Oh Maria, I'm so sorry!! She is such a beautiful girl. It looks like she had a wonderful life with you and her "siblings." What a lovely picture by the pool. She is looking down now on all of you!!~~~Hugs to you~~~

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry I am so slow commenting. I have been super busy with work and then too tired to do much blog hopping/commenting in the evening.

Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures of Lily. Her face is so pretty and expressive. I know she enjoyed her time as part of your family.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Maria, I am so sorry I have been missing in blogging action for te past couple weeks. I am so very sorry to hear about your sweet Lily. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos, she is such a gorgeous girl. Thinking of you as you hold her memory close to you heart. Big hugs sent your way.

Kinda Sorta Maybe said...


Hello Maria,

I love the photos of your beautiful girl, such good expressive photos. I'm sorry she is no longer with you, its such a loss for everyone.
Hugs your way, Melanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails