Friday, March 23, 2012

Camo Wedding

TGIF everyone!!!  Are you ready for the weekend??  This card is not your 'normal' wedding card!!  My neighbor's asked me if I could make a wedding card with camouflage for their nephew who's getting married.  He's in the military and I guess they like camouflage 'stuff'.  They even bought a camouflage shower curtain.  LOL

So, I borrowed this Stamping Bella stamp from Cindy and did A LOT of paper piecing.  I thought it would be fun to have the camo car and the camo top hat.  (I didn't want to go as far as the camo veil though!)

I paper pieced the taillights, the bells, the license plates, the mirrors and the bumper.  To accent the lights and mirrors, I added glossy accents.  I also popped up the license plate on dimensionals.

Here's a tight shot of the image.  I 'think' you can make out the glitter on her veil.

They said they loved the card!  I hope the bride and groom do too!!!

Have a great weekend :)

Thanks for your visit!

6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGOSH, I bow to you, Maria! Couldn't really imagine a wedding card with camo and was just floored with your fabby design. It's brilliant! a gorgeous design, fabulous paper piecing, wonderful image, and you absolutely rocked the camo! Fun and stunning design!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Oh my goodness, this is so, so perfect, love it and all that paper piecing, amazing. Of course the touch of sparkle on the veil is just enough for the bride. Such the creative one you are. Have a great weekend, hope Sweet Pea is doing ok.

Gina Lindsay said...

How creative of you! I would have been stumped at that request.

jimlynn said...

How FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Love this with all the camo! Too cute and I can see why they liked it.....a camo shower curtain???? LOL! I know they're just as happy as can be with all the camo though.
Wonderful card - Have a great weekend.
Lynn

Monica said...

Adorable - what a perfect card for someone in the Army.

Monica xxx

Cheryl said...

Oh how fun is this?! I love your paper piecing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails