Monday, March 26, 2012

Congrats on your new nest!

We've had two neighbor's move into our 'hood the past month, so I thought I'd drop off a 'Welcome' card in their mailboxes.  Both families have dogs! Yah!

I reached for my Darcie's set for the card:


I really like the two Darcie sets I have but the one thing about this set is that I have to use my markers to ink up the branch with brown and green and it's so time consuming for me :(    Then......I decided to make a blue sky with my Distress Inks and ended up smudging the branches a little.  DUH.

Despite that complaining.......I'm pleased with the result.  I used some LONG STASHED fiber too!!


Thanks for your visit!

7 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

This adorable, love the image and the sentiment with the dies and embossing. How fun to have new families that have puppies, they will appreciate your kindness.

Monica said...

That smudging adds a whole lot of character. What a sweet card to welcome new comers. And glad that they are dog lovers... what else could you have hoped for...

Monica xxx

craftieodmae said...

they will love it! They lucky to have you as a neighbor too!

Audrey Pettit said...

You are so sweet to welcome your new neighbors with a handmade card. this is adorable, Maria! Love the embossing and the fancy die cut. The bird and branch are so pretty, too. I know it must have taken forever to color that image with markers, but it sure was worth it!

jimlynn said...

I thought the smudging on the branches was intentional and loved it!!! Beautiful card and know they'll love it! Pretty bird too! Just an all around cute, cute, and pretty card!
Lynn

Karen B. said...

I think the branches are lovely, they have the same feeling as your sentiment! What a beautiful card.

Cheryl said...

It is a beautiful card! I love the die cut bird. I hate using markers on stamps. I love the look other people achieve but I always feel like my image is lacking something. Your branches look great. I thought the "smudging" was on purpose to soften the look.

Related Posts with Thumbnails