Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thinking of You

This week, my blogging friend Lynn of Creative Crafts by Lynn posted a card using a 'reflection' technique. You can see her card HERE.   I have never tried this technique so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Wow - it took me about 4 tries to get the image the way I wanted it (even using my stamp-a-ma-jig) - but here's my final product:

I grabbed my Hero Arts tree stamp for my main image.  After stamping it once, I flipped the paper over and lined up the image stamping it again (not re-inking).  Then I took a few Distress Inks to color in the backgrounds. This turned out to be a very colorful card!!  I masked off the top portion and sprayed some perfect pearls and water to the 'water' part.  I finished it with a PTI sentiment and some bling :)

I also followed the sketch from the Creative Belli Blog Challenge#138. Along with the sketch, you were supposed to use 'old' or 'forgotten' embellishments.  Well, I grabbed a really old brad!

Have a wonderful day.  I'm off to visit my parents in FL and to go watch a few SHU Softball games.  Be back in a week :)

Thanks for your visit!

8 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great job, love the look of the reflection, haven't done this technique for quite awhile, well actually forgot about, glad you and Lynn have brought it back and with such a beautiful card.

Cindy said...

Hey, Maria, have a great time in FLA and visiting your parents!!
Your card is fabulous!!! I must give that technique a try!! The colors are so soothing!! I love it!!

jimlynn said...

Well, look at you!!! I LOVE THIS! Really like the way you did the background for the tree. The reflection is wonderful too!
They really aren't easy to do are they!!! Four times isn't bad - I'm too embarrassed to say how many "tries" it took me!!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous card- I love the reflection technique you used-and the pretty colors too. Love the way you mastered the Sketch! Thanks for joining us at the Belli challenge!

Cheryl said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the reflection. Beautiful work my friend!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a cool technique. Absolutely love your card, Maria!
Hope you have a wonderful time with your parents. Sounds lovely!

Robin Parker said...

Great way to make the tree reflective. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for our Sketch.

Ceal said...

Beautiful card and great take on the sketch. Love the reflection. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Belli, hope to see you again soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails