One of my recent purchases from Papertrey Ink included the All Booked Up set and bookmark die. So, when the CAS-ual Friday's Challenge # 50 was to create a project with trees or flowers, I decided to make a bookmark using one of the stamps in the set.
See that sewing! Holy cow!! When I die cut the bookmark, it still felt flimsy to me, so I cut a second one and didn't just want to glue the pieces together, so I went to the sewing machine. It's sort of even on both sides!!
I used PTI polkadots stamped with Versamark for the background and masked off the sentiment that I heat embossed in white. I heat embossed the focal image in green ink with clear powder, then used some Distress Inks for shading. Here's a close up:
I'm happy with the result, but in all honestly, I really thought the bookmark die was going to be bigger - both in length and width. It's good for a paperback book, but would of liked it a little bigger for hardcover books. Oh well! I could still make my own bookmark and use the stamps for the accents.
You have until Wednesday night to play along with the tree/flower challenge!
Thanks for your visit!
Floral Envelope Mail Art with Colored Pencils
8 hours ago