OK - the final wreath I made was inspired by the Sarah from the blog Becoming Martha. I love this flowy burlap wreath she made and I wanted to do something similar. First off - I didn't have the same burlap. Mine was quite a bit coarser, but it still worked quite well.
First I wrapped the white styrofoam wreath with the burlap. (Note to self - don't buy white wreaths). Then I started overlapping the burlap all the way around the wreath using twine to hold it in place. Once complete, I pulled apart the silk sunflowers leaving about a 3" stem and just jammed them into the wreath (yes - jammed!).
I hot glued the leaves behind the flowers and left a space for the "L"
Here's a close up of the yard-wrapped "L" monogram. I'm happy with the finished product, but this was not too easy to wrap. Hope my hot glue stays in place!!!
Thanks again for all your great compliments! I've gotten some nice feedback on Facebook too. Friends tell me they look SO MUCH BETTER in person - and I'll actually take their word for it because my photography skills are not good! LOL
Have a great weekend!!!!!!
Thanks for your visit!