Friday, October 12, 2012

WCMD & Penny Black Cards

TGIF!! Did all you card makers have fun with World Card Making Day last Saturday?  I was able to spend a lot of time in my craft room and ended up just focusing on the Penny Black blog.  I played along with their sketch challenges and made these 3 cards.

First up:
I did some watercoloring on the PB hydrangeas after punching the circles and embossing.  I painted the background panel and used a PTI impression plate on the card base.

Here's a combo of PB and Inkadinkado stamps and My Mind's Eye paper for the sketch.

Lastly, I used a PB brick stamp colored with Distress Inks.  Then I cut out the mice and gift and popped them up.

Enjoy the day :)

Thanks for your visit!

8 comments:

Amanda R said...

These are stunning Maria! I am no good at simple images but love seeing others do them. If it doesn't have a colored image on it I am at a loss, pout. Have a great weekend!

craftieodmae said...

all of these are gorgeous!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, I'd say you were on fire on WCMD! These are fabulous, Maria! I love the embossed hydrangeas on the first card. They look like cloisonne work. Love the fun mix of papers and elements on the second, and LOVE those adorable mic, too! :)

Monica said...

You are on a water colour roll, Maria - all swell cards... but the last one is the most attractive for me. Love the brick background and the mice. The first one has awesome colour scheme and I like the painted background.

Love,
M

jimlynn said...

All are fabulous!!! The flowers in that first one just pop and I LOVE the mice one! TOO CUTE! Oh yeah, the middle one......FUN papers and love the staples!
Lynn

Lynn McAuley said...

I sure missed a boatload of beautiful being away from my computer last week!! These are wonderful, Maria!!

Karen B. said...

Great cards, but that first is a stunner!

Cheryl said...

Fab cards my friend! I looks like you had a good time in your craft room.

Related Posts with Thumbnails