Thursday, December 27, 2012

Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts

Horray! I can finally post my second-ever mixed media project!!  I'm still learning A LOT about this 'craft' but am having some fun!

Here is a canvas I made for my friend's Cindy and Jill.  They have HUGE hearts when it comes to animals. They have six Yorkies.........yes SIX........but 3 of them are special needs - so, it's not like they are just hoarding dogs (LOL)

Two year's ago, Cindy gave me this birthday card:

I thought it was the cutest thing and held on to it because it would be an easy project to recreate.  Well, when I was thinking of what kind of MM project to make.......I came across the card and used it as my inspiration.


Since I don't know how to 'draw' very well, I took apart the card and traced it on some MME patterned paper.  Then from there, I cut it down to size to fit the canvas.

Then I went to town on painting, decoupaging, stamping, doodling, gluing, rubbing and everything else that goes along with this new found 'messy' medium!


I gave this to them on Christmas!  So, I'm hoping they liked it.  Dogs DO leave pawprints on your heart and HOLES in your WALLET too!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!

Thanks for your visit!

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

This makes me say awwww!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Amazing Maria!! This post has left a paw print on my heart...the colors are outstanding. Please tell me that you have a third project in the works!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Oh, my, Maria! These pups are so precious!!

Wishing you and those you love the best in the new year!

Cheryl said...

I really love this! Cindy and Jill are sure to love it. The mix of papers and colors are so fun and I just want to give the pup a hug.

jimlynn said...

I know they just had to love this!!! So cute and yes, those animals do leave pawprints on our hearts!
Lynn

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, this is just the cutest, sweetest canvas ever, Maria! Love, love your pieced doggy and love the amazing background you created! Best Christmas gift ever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails