Friday, January 4, 2013

Acetate Happy Birthday!

So, I finally purchased some acetate sheets thinking I'd be able to make a few clear cards this year. But it would of been wise to look at the weight of the acetate sheets before purchasing them!  Oh well........quite flimsy.........so I won't be able to make cards with them, but can make a lot of 'windows'.......so here's a window Happy Birthday card I made sometime over the weekend:


I started by stamping a Hero Arts stamp with StazOn on the acetate sheet.  For the background - I wanted to use up some of my glossy paper - so I swiped three Distress Ink pads across and then used a polka dot background stamp on top of that.

I created the window scene and used a Inkadinkado sentiment embossed in white on top.  Definitely something different and something that needs some more practice!

PS: Is anyone (beside's Amanda) having problems getting my blog feed via email? Not sure who subscribes via email vs reader.  Thanks!

Thanks for your visit!

6 comments:

Claudia said...

I don't have a problem receiving your posts via e-mail.
claudia matzke at hotmail dot com

Cheryl said...

Very cool! I love the glossy, stamped background and the acetate layer.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a bold and graphic card, Maria! I really like the acetate overlay with the swirl flourish over the polka dots. The embossed sentiment and multi-colored background is wonderful, too.
Sorry.......don't subscribe via email, so don't know if there's any trouble....

Elizabeth Allan said...

Maria this is "clearly" a beautiful card with the incorporation of the acetate. Another variation of dimension that is eye catching!

jimlynn said...

Stunning!!!! Very creative and pretty too.
Lynn

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So BEAUTIFUL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails