Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thinking of You

Hello! Today I came into the craft room to make some birthday cards - but I got sidetracked. I was planning on using this week's SCS sketch challenge - but again.....it didn't work out that way. I grabbed my Papertrey Ink paper pack and chose Chocolate Remix. I pulled a bunch of patterns that I thought looked well together. I did some sponging on the edges instead of layering them with brown cardstock. I then grabbed my Sizzix butterfly die and threaded some plaid ribbon through and layered it on a Nestie circle die.
For the sentiment, I grabbed a piece of blue cardstock, punched it with a Marvy scallop punch and then adhered it to the corner of the card. Then I cut the scallop to the corners. I used PTI's sentiment and then used Martha Stewart's glitter for the detail on the scallop.
Finally, I curled the butterfly's wings so they lift off the card! Thanks for visiting today!
Maria

6 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

love the ribbon through your butterfly! Clever! :)

Sew-Ink said...

Cute! Love the butterfly!

Rita said...

The butterfly is awesome - the ribbon and the curled wings are perfect!

Vicki said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Love the touch of blue! Blessings to you!

Louise Forsyth said...

These are just adorable!

Cindy said...

This is just awesome. I love how you have added the ribbon to the butterfly! Great colors!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails