Saturday, February 13, 2010

Penny Black "Parrot" Card

My cousin Julie sent me an email the other day asking if I had any Husband Survival Kits left from our craft fair this November. We had two left so she asked if she could buy one. About a week before this, I saw this terrific Penny Black stamp at my local LSS and knew I had to get it to make a card (at some point) for Julie and Vincent. They have two beautiful birds - Sonny & Shea and I knew she'd appreciate getting a card with their "likeness" on it!

So her request for the Husband Survival Kit gave me a perfect excuse to make some cards for them!

I stamped the image with Memento black and then stamped it again on a post-it note to make a mask. Once the image was masked, I sponged the sky with two different blues. Then I colored in the birds with prisma pencils and gamsol. I highlighted the roses with some glitter pen and added a rose to the bottom left hand corner which I inked a bit with a darker pink color. I also cut the image and first layer with my Nesties oval and added white dots for a little interest. I used at PTI sentiment, a corner punch and some scroll stamps around the outside and inside of card.

Here's a closer shot of the birdies
And will the real Sonny and Shea please stand up?
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a WONDERFUL Saturday! I know I will! Tango - the foster dog my husband and I took care of for 5 months is coming for an "overnight" visit - so I'm looking forward to cuddling with him!! Be prepared for some Tango pictures and maybe even a video!!!
Maria

5 comments:

Becky said...

OMG!! these are gorgeous, "the parrots too" :), love your coloring.

Heather P. said...

Aww, Sonny and Shea are just too sweet, and your card is super adorable! :)

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh how sweet it is! Your card alone is beautiful! Such soft, warm colors that blend so well together - awesome coloring! But to see your gorgeous two little sweeties as your inspiration -WOW! One of the best! TFS!

sarahw said...

Beautiful card! Once again your coloring is wonderful. :)

jimlynn said...

Oh, cute stamp - wonderful card - and beautiful coloring!!! Just super.

Related Posts with Thumbnails