Thursday, July 7, 2011

Taryn's 13th Birthday

I was asked to make a birthday card for a friend's daughter.  It was her 13th birthday and I was told she liked the colors blue, green and purple. Likes music, shopping and dancing.  So, I did my best to make a card that both Paula and her daughter Taryn would love.


Luckily, I picked up this music background stamp a few weeks ago. (Since I'm sitting on my patio - I can't remember who makes it and I'm too lazy to go look!).  I embossed it in white, then used my blue, green and purple distress inks to blend the background.

I was given those cute little shopping bags a while back and knew I should use one for the card.  I cut out her name and age with my Sizzix letters and then stamped the cupcake and shoes.  I embossed the background with Cuttlebug swiss dots and put it all together!

This was a fun card to make and I hope they were both happy with the result!!!


Thanks for your visit!

6 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

I would say you nailed it!!!!! You have everything from the colors to the music to the shopping. Love the little shopping bags :)

jimlynn said...

Oh I KNOW they'll be happy with this. PERFECT for a 13 year old and love it. The little shopping bag is so cute too. Really like that background sheet music type paper and the distressing.
Lynn

Meg said...

What a fabulous teenage girl card! I love how beautifully that background embossed and how beautifully you applied your distress inks! I think I need to practice some more with those.

Cheryl said...

Maria, this is really gorgeous. I think both Taryn and her mom will love it. I LOVE how you used her favorite colors and the music background.

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome! Totally adorable! Love that rainbow background, and what girl would love the shoes and shopping bag?

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ok, how stinkin' cute is that itty bitty shopping bag?! Such a sweet card for a 13 year old, too. I'm sure she loved it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails